Gym at Comber
Comber has a modern well equipped gym and separate heavy weights room.
Gym Opening Times
The Gym can now be used at any time during opening hours with no pre-booking required.
Monday to Thursday
8am to 8pm
Friday 8am to 6pm
Saturday 9am to 6pm
Sunday 10am to 5pm
Please be aware that we are still limited to our maximum Covid numbers for the gym. At busy times there may be a need for a short wait to enter the gym to ensure these numbers are maintained.
The Heavy Gym will remain as bookable sessions due to the limited number of places available.
|Heavy Gym sessions|
|Sessions start on the hour for 45 minutes.
|Monday to Thursday
8am to 7pm
|Friday 8am to 5pm|
|Saturday 9am to 5pm|
|Sunday 10am to 4pm|
- Gym sessions are 45 minutes, running every hour on the hour.
- Due to the limited availability for the Heavy Gym, only one session per day should be booked.
- You will not be allowed to join a session in the 15 minute slot between sessions.
- Bookings can be made up to 15 minutes prior to the session start time.
Booking - sessions must be prebooked and can be booked up to 15 minutes before the session starts. Prepaying members can book 8 days in advance, Resident and Active Ageing 7 days and non members 6 days in advance, online or by telephoning the complex. Click here for booking information.
Cancelling - sessions can be cancelled up to 1 hour before the start time. Please ensure you cancel any booking you are unable to attend to enable another member to use the place. Members can cancel online or by telephone. Resident, Active Ageing and non-members can have their booking moved to another date by contacting the centre to do this. Members failing to cancel bookings may have their membership suspended for 7 days. During the suspension time you will be unable to use your membership and no refund or suspension of payment will be made. Refunds will not be made on any uncancelled bookings.
- Arrive gym ready where possible. Changing and showering facilities are available but we would encourage users to come gym ready and to shower and change at home when possible. .
- Vending machines and water fountains are available for use.
- For safety reasons the air conditioning will be turned off. Air handling units pumping air in from outside will be in operation.
- When using the Heavy Gym social distancing must be adhered to at all times.
- Please clean the equipment before and after use with the sanitizer and paper towel provided.
- Only one person may use the cube at a time. If using the punch bag you must bring your own gloves.
- Exercises that involve travelling around the gym e.g. walking lunges, will not be permitted.
- Staff will sanitize during sessions where possible and a complete sanitization will be carried out in the 15 minute slot between sessions.
- Programme updates and inductions are available.
- Please leave promptly when you have finished your training session.
The Gym at Comber
The gym in Comber provides a comprehensive range of cardiovascular and resistance equipment including a functional cube.
The cardiovascular (CV) equipment will build and increase your fitness level, stamina and help you lose weight while the resistance equipment tones and strengthens your muscles and joints. The functional cube provides a variety of ways to train using your own body weight. The gym has free hand weights and a variety of exercise kit such as kettlebells and stability balls. There is also a Bravo functional trainer and hand bike suitable for persons with a disability.
A separate room dedicated to heavy resistance equipment for advanced muscle and strength training is also available.
And remember, our instructors are on hand to give you the very best professional help, advice and encouragement. They will design a regular exercise programme just for you, to help you achieve your goals using all of the gym's equipment.
The Gym is available to anyone aged 11 or over.
All new customers must have an Induction before using the gym.
Information on using our gym can be found in our Admissions Policy