Gym at Ards
The Gym at Ards Blair Mayne Wellbeing and Leisure Complex is fitted out with the latest fitness equipment from Technogym, official supplier of fitness equipment to 6 Olympic and Paralympic Games, from Sydney 2000 to Rio 2016.
Gym Opening Times
The gym can now be used at any time to use the gym during opening hours with no pre-booking required. Some pieces of equipment have been moved around to ensure social distancing is maintained.
Please be aware that we are still limited to our maximum Covid numbers for the gym. At busy times there may be a need for a short wait to enter the gym to ensure these numbers are maintained.
Using the gym
- Arrive gym ready when possible. Changing facilities are now open and showering is available if required.
- Bring your own water, enough for your session as refills will not be available. Vending machines are in operation if needed to purchase drinks.
- Staff will allow entry to the gym.
- Please clean the equipment before and after use with the sanitizer and paper towel provided.
- For safety reasons the air conditioning will be turned off. The doors to the gym balcony will be open.
- At busy times, limit use of a piece of equipment to a maximum of 20 minutes.
- Staff will sanitize during sessions where possible and a complete sanitization will be carried out in the 15 minute slot between sessions.
Using Loose weights
- Dumbells should be cleaned before and after use
- Replace dumbells back on the appropriate dumbbell rack where staff will clean them
- When using weight plates, all plates should be cleaned before and after use. Strip the machine down afteruse and place weights on plate holders situated at the bottom of the machine. Staff will clean the plates on the plate holder.
- All other lighter loose weights should be placed in the quarantine area.