- Take part in our February 1 Mile Time Trial Challenge
- Upcoming Workshops - 3 FREE workshops this February and March funded by the PSCP, Click here for full details
- Our Centres in Ards, Comber, Portaferry and Londonderry Park are currently closed
- Please read the latest lockdown information - on our Leisure during Covid-19 page
Membership of the Council's leisure facilities for elite athletes.
The Council offers individuals who are competing at the highest level in their sport the opportunity to use the Council's leisure facilities to supplement their training.
The facilities include those at Ards Blair Mayne Wellbeing and Leisure Complex, Bangor Aurora Aquatic and Leisure Complex, Bangor Sportsplex, Comber Leisure Centre, Portaferry Sports Centre, Londonderry Park and Queen’s Leisure Complex, Holywood.
To be considered for a Gold Card applicants must:
- be a resident in the Ards and North Down Borough Council area.
- take part in a sport listed by Sport Northern Ireland and Sport Ireland through the UK Sports Council’s recognition policy or Sport Irelands recognition Policy and be affiliated to a recognised Governing Body.
- be of amateur status.
- be a member of a sports club in Northern Ireland
- be a member of a recognised elite squad or be ranked within the top 10 in Northern Ireland or Ireland. (Elite squad/panel e.g. Ulster, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Great Britain, European and above). This will cover Junior and Senior athletes and be inclusive of those with a disability.
- not be in receipt of lottery or any other grant that would cover the facility element of training costs
- provide specific event selection letter from the relevant Sport NI or Sport Ireland recognised Governing Body on official Governing Body headed paper or official Governing Body email statement.