Comber Leisure Centre - Reopening 2021
Continue reading for all the latest information regarding Comber Leisure Centre reopening 2021.
Update 23 June 2021
All facilities are now open except for the Health Suite which remains closed until further notice.
We are not currently taking party bookings. Information on parties will be published in due course.
Please see below for further information on how activities and memberships are currently being managed.
Please click the relevant tab below to view the details of our reopening in 2021.
Update 23 June 2021
Indoor exercise classes are back in operation. See our Fitness Class timetable.
- Arrive class ready as changing facilities will not be available.
- Bring your own mat if possible where required.
- Water will not be available at the centre, please bring enough water for your visit as refills and vending will not be available.
- Classes will take place in the Sports Hall.
- All centre equipment will be cleaned after use.
Badminton and Tennis is now available to both members and non members. Sessions must be pre booked and paid for. Those 15 years and under must be accompanied by a playing adult 18 years or over.
All sessions are for 60 minutes.
Up to 3 consecutive sessions may be booked where court time is available.
Courts are available throughout centre opening hours.
Cost per court per hour:
Tennis – Adult £8.50, Junior/Concession/Active Ageing £5, Family £7(must be one junior playing)
Badminton - Adult £10.50, Junior/Concession/Active Ageing £5.50
All sessions must be prebooked and paid for by calling the centre on 028 9187 4350
Using the centre
Tennis players if pre booked and paid should go straight to the Dome. Badminton players should queue at the centre entrance 5 minutes before their session starts and follow the procedures in place for visiting and leaving the centre.
- arrive play ready
- bring their own equipment
- bring their own water
- keep track of time and leave promptly at the end of their session.
At present all other centre facilities and activities remain closed. As soon as further guidance has been issued from the Northern Ireland Executive regarding these facilities reopening - information will appear here.
Dino's Den is now open.
What to expect in Dino's
- All moveable play items have been removed including the ball pool and hanging columns.
- Seating within the soft play area is available.
- The accessible toilet on the same floor is available.
- Vending is now available in the centre. Food is not permitted in the soft play area.
Soft Play Safety Procedures
- The soft play area will be deep cleaned after every session.
- The wearing of face coverings is recommended for adults at all times whilst in the centre and soft play area.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the soft play door for use when entering and leaving the area.
- Social distancing must be adhered to at all times.
- Arriving, in the complex and after your activity
For normal terms and conditions of using soft play please click here.
Please click here for membership information.
- Entrance to the centre will be via the usual front entrance off the public car park.
- Please only start queuing 5 minutes before your gym or class session starts.
- Please queue to the right hand side.
- There will be no admittance to the centre 5 minutes after the session/class start time and the doors will be locked.
- Your booking and attendance will be checked by the queue manager before entering the centre. You do not need to provide a receipt, printed or on a device, for your booked session.
- Please use the hand sanitizer available at the entrance.
- Make your way to your pre-booked session as soon as entering the centre so not to congregate at reception.
- Face coverings should be worn when walking through the centre to and from your activity. They do not need to be worn while taking part in activities.
- Keep to the right of the reception desk and follow the one way system keeping right to the gym or Sports Hall and maintaining 2 metre social distancing.
- The lift must only be used by one person at a time or by a family bubble.
- Changing facilities will reopen for centre users on Tuesday 1 June 2021. When possible please arrive in kit and shower at home to minimise any time spent in the changing area.
- The accessible toilet near reception will be available. Hand dryers will be turned off and paper towels provided.
- When your gym session or fitness class is finished you should leave the centre promptly.
- Gym users leave the gym via the back staircase and exit the centre through the Enler Room.
- Classes users leave through the side exit and through the Enler Room.
- Exits will be clearly signed.