Ards Blair Mayne - Reopening 2021
Continue reading for all the latest information regarding Ards Blair Mayne reopening 2021.
Update 22 June 2021
The following facilities within the centre remain closed. The Spa, Blacklight Adventure, Cafe and creche.
We are not currently taking party bookings. Information on parties will be published in due course.
Please see below for further information on how activities and memberships are currently being managed.
Please click the relevant tab below to view the details on how the complex is currently operating.
The gym is available to all complex members and non members and can now be used at any time during opening hours and without prebooking.
BIOCIRCUIT inductions are now available you can find full details by clicking here.
Update 22 June 2021
Indoor exercise classes are back in operation. See our Fitness Class timetable.
- Arrive class ready if possible. Changing and showering facilities are available if required.
- Bring your own mat if possible where required.
- Bring your own water. Water fountains are now available for use and vending machines are in operation.
- Classes will take place in the Studios and some on the gym balcony.
- All complex equipment will be cleaned after use.
Swimming is now available to all complex members and non members at any time during opening hours (subject to restrictions) without the need to prebook.
Family Swim Sessions
Available for up to 20 people per session.
Reopening 28 June 2021.
Using the Pools
Please read the information about arriving, being in and leaving the complex.
- You must arrive swim ready.
- Members should check in via the kiosk if prebooked, all other users should book or check in at reception.
- Please read our new No Outdoor Footwear Policy below.
- Access to the changing cubicles and lockers will be available and you will be directed to the zone in use at that time by an attendant. Main Pool users will use the red and green zone, Minor Pool users the blue zone.
- Pre cleanse showers should be used before entering the pool, but showers are not to be used after your swim.
- Swim sessions will operate with 3 double lanes with directional signs.
- Floats and equipment, including toys in the Minor Pool will not be available. You may bring your own armbands, small floats and toys.
- Pool lifts will be available for those that require them.
- Hairdryers will not be available and must not be brought into the complex for use.
- Please leave promptly when the end of the session is announced.
No Outdoor Footwear Policy
To improve the hygiene of the Aqua Zone a No Outdoor Footwear policy is in place.
All footwear worn on arrival to the complex must be changed before entering the Aqua Zone.
Seats are provided outside the entrance to the zone for you to sit to take off your shoes. You may bring ‘clean’ footwear (flipflops, sliders or sandals) to use while in the changing area. Please ensure you bring all your belongings into the zone when ready.
When leaving the Aqua Zone please remember not to put your outdoor shoes on until outside the zone.
Soft Play is now open.
What to expect in Soft Play
- All moveable play items have been removed including the ball pool and hanging columns.
- Seating and toilets within the soft play area are available.
- Vending is available in the complex, the cafe remains closed. Food is not permitted in the soft play area.
Soft Play Safety Procedures
- The soft play area will be deep cleaned after every session.
- The wearing of face coverings is recommended for adults at all times whilst in the complex and soft play area.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the soft play door for use when entering and leaving the area.
- Social distancing must be adhered to at all times.
- Arriving, in the complex and after your activity
For normal terms and conditions of using soft play please click here.
Indoor sports resume on Monday 24 May.
Badminton, Pickleball and Tennis is now available to members and non members.
All sessions must be prebooked and those 15 years and under must be accompanied by a playing adult 18 years or over.
All sessions are for 60 minutes starting on the hour.
Up to 3 consecutive sessions may be booked where court time is available.
|Day||First session||Last session|
|Monday to Saturday||9am||4pm|
Cost per court per hour:
Tennis - Monday to Friday £6.50, Saturday and Sunday £11
Badminton and Pickleball - Adult £10.50, Junior/Concession/Active Ageing £5.50
Booking opens at 9am Wednesday 19 May.
All sessions must be prebooked and paid for by calling the complex on 028 9181 2837.
- arrive play ready
- bring their own equipment
- bring their own water
- keep track of time and leave promptly at the end of their session.
At present all other complex facilites and activities remain closed. As soon as further guidance has been issued from the Northern Ireland Executive regarding these facilities reopening - information will appear here.
Blacklight Adventure is currently closed.
Please click here for membership information.
Please follow the guidelines below when arriving at the complex:
- The barrier into the car park will be open so there is no need to obtain a ticket.
- When parking, please do so responsibly and maintain social distancing where possible within the car park.
- Entrance to the complex will be via the "Orange Entrance" (closest to the Police station).
- Checking in - your booking and attendance will be checked by a staff member before you enter the complex. You do not need to provide a receipt, printed or on a device.
- Please use the sanitizer available at the entrance.
- If you are coming to the centre for an exercise class, please proceed to the class location to be checked in by the instructor.
- If arriving to play an indoor sporting activity, please proceed to reception.
- Face Masks should be worn when walking through the complex to and from your activity. They do not need to be worn while taking part in activities. Parent/carers of children attending swimming lessons should wear a face mask at all times while in the complex, including the Aqua Zone. Children do not need to wear masks.
- Follow the one way system to the gym, Aqua Zone, Sports Hall or Dome, keeping to the left and maintaining 2 metre social distancing at all times.
- The lift must only be used by one person at a time or by a family bubble.
- Changing facilities will reopen for centre users on Tuesday 1 June 2021 and will be located on the Ground Floor and with the Aqua Zone on the First Floor. When possible please arrive in kit and shower at home to minimise time spent in the changing area.
- Only the accessible toilets will be available on the ground and second floor and in the Dome. Hand dryers will be turned off and paper towels provided.
- Membership cards will not be needed as access control and kiosks will not be in use.
- When your activity is finished you should leave the complex promptly.
- Gym and Aqua Zone users leave via the staircase and doors at the orange wall (same way you came in).
- All other centre users to exit via the orange wall entrance.